Moving Dance Forward Associates
A pilot North West Associate Dance Artist scheme for 2014-15
Dance Manchester and MDI are working together to strengthen artist development and dance production in the North West of England. In this context we are delighted to be launching Moving Dance Forward Associates, a pilot North West Associate Dance Artist scheme for 2014-15.
In this context we are bringing together other regional partners who are equally interested in supporting the development of artists to offer a package of support and opportunities across the year.
The other partner organisations include:
The Lowry, Salford
University of Salford
Unity Theatre, Liverpool
The Successful Artists
In respect of this pilot scheme we were looking for dance artists/companies resident in the North West of England who could meet the following core criteria:
- Resident in the North West of England (permanent address in the region)
- Have evidence of 3 years work as a professional dance artist/choreographer
- Have experience in choreographing on a group
- Have created some professional performance work within or out of the region
- Not currently be in receipt of National Portfolio Funding from Arts Council England
- This is primarily about supporting the development of artists who want to make and present professional performance work
We anticipated supporting between 2-4 individual artists or companies through Moving Dance Forward during 2014-15. This model may mean that one artist may access support from all partners within the project across the year, or that a number of different artists are engaged and offered support by different partners within the project. It is anticipated that the minimum any one selected artist/company may receive as part of this would be £4000 towards their development.
The 4 selected artists were:
- Joseph Lau
- Christopher Owen
- Bridget Fiske
- Lisi Perry